|The class has nine learning centers keeping in mind the Multiple Intelligence approach:
- Language Center - Children are provided with different materials and activities are planned to meet the Jolly Phonics objectives. Various writing materials are also provided for encouraging prewriting skills.
- Reading Center - Age appropriate books are available for children to choose from
- Block Center - At this center our future engineers get busy using the different blocks provided. Creative development, eye-hand coordination, fine motor skills and problem solving skills get developed in this center.
- Science Center - Our little Einsteins and Newtons are given ample opportunities at this center carry out their own little experiments and make their own investigations.
- Role-play Center - Children use dramatic play to better understand their world and the different roles that people play.
- Sensory Center - Children don't mind getting messy or wet. That's why sand and water play is both enjoyable and educational. This center helps children develop eye-hand coordination and math and science concepts. It may also enhance social skills and encourage cooperation.
- Art center - Friedrich Froebel, the father of Kindergarten, believed that young children should be involved in both making their own art and enjoying the art of others. Art activities are important, because they encourage each child's "full and all-sided development". Making art builds children's self-esteem by giving them opportunities to express what they are thinking and feeling. Thus children are allowed to freely choose their art material and express themselves in a given project, which is based on a theme.
- Math center - At this center activities that will support the mathematical development of the child are set up.
- Fine motor Center - Realizing the need for the development of fine motor skills in PreK children, this center is set up throughout the year. Some of the activities that are set up are clay modeling, lacing, beading, developing scissor skills, etc.